Effective Date: July 2, 2013
- Silver Phoenix may Collect the Following Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from You:
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person or can be used with other sources to uniquely identify a single individual. Silver Phoenix collects PII from You only when You voluntarily provide it to us, as provided herein or in instances in which You must provide such information to use features of the Website. Silver Phoenix may collect this personal information from You through various channels, including, but not limited to, through Your voluntary submission of information to the Website, through requests initiated by You through the Website.
We may share PII with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates or as part of any sale, merger or acquisition. Your PII will not be sold to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection. You agree to inform Silver Phoenix of any changes to Your PII, and protect the security of Your username, password and PII.
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide You with the services made available through the Website, including to communicate with You, and to manage and improve the Website. Here is the PII that Silver Phoenix may collect from You:
- Any information that You voluntarily submit/input to the Website, for example, without limitation;
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Social media account logins;
- Business name, business website, business email address;
- Silver Phoenix preferences; and
- Other required account or other information to utilize the service.
- If You purchase business advertising, or other Silver Phoenix services online, Silver Phoenix may collect and store Your billing and credit card information. This includes any information You input or store including without limitation, credit/debit card, merchant account, payment amount, transaction history or other payment information. This information will only be shared with third parties who perform tasks required to processing Your payment. When You submit credit card numbers, Silver Phoenix encrypts that information using industry standard technology.
- Payment methods may include credit card or credit transactions through: 1) the Website, via wire transfers; 2) the Website, via PayPal or a similar service; 3) the Website, via credit/debit card set up merchant services; 4) in person by a field agent or similar service and/or 5) a manual charge over the phone. You agree to the all terms and privacy policies of any vendor Silver Phoenix uses to process Your payment.
Anyone seeking employment or to become an independent contractor as a Contributing Editor is required to provide basic information to Silver Phoenix. This basic information may include name, email, postal address, telephone numbers, education and work history, etc. By filling out an application, You consent to the collection and storing of your PII with us.
Your MAC and/or IP address.
Silver Phoenix may allow advertisers or other third party service providers to collect the same types of PII and acquire the same from such third party service providers.
- Silver Phoenix May Also Collect the Following Non-PII from You:
1) Your geolocation and that of Your access devices;
2) Your use of the Website, including, without limitation, frequency of use, statistics, functionality utilized, and pages visited;
3) Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons as well as log files;
4) Analytic data from Google Analytics or similar service; and
5) Any other additional analytic data that You voluntarily submit to the Website.
6) Your MAC and/or IP address.
- Silver Phoenix Uses this PII and Non-PII Information To:
Provide You with the Website, communicate with You, identify and fix problems with the Website, update You on changes to the Website, communicate with You concerning Your account, to complete a transaction You initiated, and to update You on Silver Phoenix’s services offered through the Website or the services of third parties.
Silver Phoenix may share or disclose non-private, aggregated or otherwise Non-PII in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors.
You understand and agree that Silver Phoenix will not be held responsible for any third party communications sent by entities that Silver Phoenix does not own or control or for any third party links (including advertisements). You are encouraged to review any third party privacy policies before utilizing any such third party service.
- Silver Phoenix stores Your PII and Non-PII in the Following Manner:
If Silver Phoenix is using a vendor, all data storage by the vendor is consistent with the vendor’s policies. All data storage by Silver Phoenix of Your PII or Non-PII is stored and processed on computers in the United States and, through Your use of the Website, You unequivocally consent to the processing and storage of Your information within the United States. You understand and agree that Silver Phoenix may continue to store Your information after You cease use of the service or disable Your Account.
Silver Phoenix uses commercially reasonable and standard technology to help prevent against the unauthorized disclosure of Your personal or personally identifiable information. Though it undertakes commercially reasonable efforts to protect Your personal and personally identifiable information, no Website is completely safe. Accordingly, You provide all such personal or personally identifiable information at Your own risk.
- Silver Phoenix May Share Your Information with Third Parties in the Following Circumstances:
Where Silver Phoenix has obtained Your consent, where sharing or disclosure of Your personal or personally identifiable information is necessary to provide You with the Website and/or services associated therewith, where sharing or disclosure of Your personal or personally identifiable information is necessary to share personal or personally identifiable information with Silver Phoenix’s parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners, where Silver Phoenix has been purchased by a third party, where sharing or disclosure of Your personal or personally identifiable information is necessary to respond to requests by government authorities, where Your personal or personally identifiable information is demanded by a court order or subpoena, where sharing or disclosure of Your personal or personally identifiable information is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or shareholders of Silver Phoenix, and where sharing or disclosure of Your personal or personally identifiable information is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty. You understand and agree that Silver Phoenix may specifically share Your information with mobile service providers, search engine providers, payment processors, web merchants, and online retailers in order to complete the services offered through the Website.
Silver Phoenix may share information with any Insurance Provider, and any governmental authority.
- You May Limit or Stop Silver Phoenix from collecting Your Information By:
In some circumstances, You can adjust your web browser settings, limiting cookies or other tracking techniques, deleting Your Account, or by ceasing Your use of the Website in order to preclude any further capture of Your information. You may contact Silver Phoenix with any requests regarding Your information, but Silver Phoenix reserves the right to act or not act upon such requests.
- California Residents
California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third party companies or individuals that Silver Phoenix, has shared Your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting Silver Phoenix at the address below.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy
The Website is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and Silver Phoenix does not knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, Silver Phoenix takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Website or in response to advertisements. If You are concerned that personal information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Silver Phoenix, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from Silver Phoenix’s database.
- Contact and Notices